It's not uncommon for couples to seek the help of polygraphs to resolve once and for all issues of cheating and infidelity, both of which can ruin trust in each other and trust in the relationship.
Getting to the bottom of things means asking the right questions.
And in the world of polygraph tests, the right questions must be precisely formulated and have unequivocal objective answers that only polygraph examiners who have attended an accredited school, successfully completed an academic program in the subject, and have earned an A can properly articulate - Up to 2-year internship or field work.
There is another very important feature of the questions asked to a significant other while strapped to a lie detector device: each of them can be answered either yes or no.
Of all the questions that can be asked, nothing is easier and quicker to answer than yes or no questions. That's because they don't need any further explanation or justification. A monosyllabic answer gives the answer a polygraph examiner or other inquisitor is looking for.
However, yes-no questions can also be the most difficult to answer.
This is especially true when one person in a relationship is accused of betraying the other. Because of the seriousness of the situation, yes-or-no questions should only be asked by a reliable polygraph.
The really nice thing about yes-no questions is that they can be asked of people in a relationship even when there are no allegations of betrayal - in many cases, asking this question can become an informative and entertaining pastime that involves two people makes it possible to get to know one another and to keep boredom at bay.
It also allows those who have just started dating to learn so many things about each other quickly.
Below are tons of yes no questions for couples. Some of them are great for married couples, while others are perfect for those on the move. There are also yes or no questions, which are ideal for people who are seeing each other and wondering whether or not things should move forward.
Just a quick piece of advice before we get started: keep things light and fun. Outside of a polygraph examiner's office, asking questions that can be answered with a yes or no shouldn't ruin the relationship.
Yes-No Questions to Ask Your Wife
Especially when the goal is to grow old together, don't give your wife reason to believe that she'll get tired of you one day. And an easy way to keep things peppy and interesting is to ask her fun and exciting yes or no questions — some of her answers to your questions might even surprise you both!
Here are some interesting and fun questions that your other half can answer yes or no to:
- Have you ever laughed so hard you wet yourself?
- Have you ever sworn in front of your parents or grandparents?
- Have you ever played?
- Have you ever entered an incorrect number?
- Have you ever been stopped by the police?
- Have you ever thought about a career in politics?
- Have you ever been dumped?
- Have you ever lied about your age?
- Have you ever sneaked out of your parents' house after dark?
- Have you ever bought anything from a TV infomercial channel?
- Have you ever been forced to give up something you loved?
- Have you ever done something bad out of peer pressure?
- Have you ever tried to eavesdrop on a conversation about yourself?
- Have you opened mail that wasn't intended for you?
- Is there a song that always reminds you of me?
- Is It Okay to Keep Secrets From Your Spouse?
- Do you have an embarrassing story that your friends are blackmailing you with?
- Am I someone you can see in your life forever?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Do you believe in karma?
- Do you have any unusual pet troubles?
- Is there one of my friends that you don't like?
- Could you watch a horror movie alone?
- Could you go a day without your cell phone?
- Would you have changed your career if you could go back?
- Would you ever quit your job to travel the world?
- Would you ever consider plastic surgery?
- Would you live with me on another planet?
- Would you read people's minds if you could?
- Would you consider accompanying me when I go lingerie shopping?
Yes No Questions to Ask Your Husband
There are many things you can do to keep the marriage going. And many of them have something to do with communicating with your husband. If it seems like there's nothing interesting to discuss, ask your other half yes-or-no questions to keep the communication lines alive.
The following questions allow the two of you to connect in uniquely compelling ways:
- Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
- Have you ever cried at a children's film?
- Have you ever laughed at an inappropriate time?
- Have you ever ghosted someone?
- Have you ever done something you said you wouldn't do?
- Have you ever lied to someone for a good reason?
- Have you ever performed in front of an audience?
- Have you ever been prompted by a friend to take up a hobby that you still have?
- Have you ever used a dating app?
- Do I have an annoying habit you never told me about?
- Have I told you enough how much I love you?
- Do you have any nicknames I don't know?
- Do you think I'm spending too much money?
- Do you always wash your hands after the bath?
- Do you believe in horoscopes?
- Did you have a crush on me when we first met?
- Have you ever had a crush on one of your teachers?
- Have you ever broken something valuable and blamed it on your pet?
- Did you have nicknames growing up?
- can you tell when i need you
- Would you like to visit Area 51?
- Would you shave your hair for $1,000?
- would you take a bullet for me
- Would you work under me if I was your boss?
- Would you sacrifice your job to travel?
- Would you do something for the person you love that you don't enjoy?
- In a challenge, would you let me grow all your body hair?
- Would you consider self-employment?
- Would you consider owning a monster truck?
- Would you consider selling a kidney for money?
Yes No Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Just because you and your girlfriend have had a stable relationship for a while doesn't mean you should slow down to get to know her better. Also, nothing can make her feel more valued and wanted than showing that you're as interested in her as you were before you decided to commit.
You're in luck - here are some yes or no questions your girlfriend might find exciting:
- Have you ever cheated on a friend?
- Have you ever been really mad at me?
- Have you ever stepped on your own principles?
- Have you ever been on TV or in the newspaper?
- Have you ever kept a relationship secret?
- Have you ever had a really bad breakup?
- Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
- Have you ever kissed a stranger?
- Have you ever watched an entire TV series in one day?
- Have you ever bought something too expensive?
- Have you ever farted in public?
- Have you ever laughed so much that you ended up crying?
- Did you have a near death experience?
- Have you ever stolen someone else's food?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in fate?
- do you believe in revenge
- Do you think money can buy happiness?
- Do you like guys who ask a lot of questions?
- Do you think I shop too much?
- Have you ever dated someone who you knew liked your boyfriend?
- Are you willing to change your mind if it turns out to be wrong?
- Are you religious or spiritual?
- Should women change their last name when they get married?
- Could you eat alone in a restaurant?
- Have you ever been so angry with your parents that you wanted to run away?
- Would you ever kiss a total stranger in a challenge?
- Would you ever hitchhike?
- Would you rather do something else with your life now?
- Would you share your toothbrush with someone you love?
Yes No Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
As a girlfriend, there are many different things you can do to keep your boyfriend happy and committed to the relationship. And one of them asks him questions with yes or no answers, which can keep him busy and allow you to learn more and more about your other half.
These are some examples of yes or no questions that can keep you both busy:
- Have you had relationships that lasted less than a week?
- Have you ever had feelings for any of your friends?
- Have you ever confessed a crush?
- Have you ever been questioned by the police?
- Have you ever been stalked by an ex?
- Have you ever dated two people at the same time?
- Have you ever tried to make someone cry?
- Have you ever cried in the cinema?
- Have you ever run away from home?
- Have you ever been in a car accident?
- have you ever lost your way
- Have you ever thought about quitting your job?
- Have you ever gone more than two days without showering?
- Are white lies acceptable in a relationship?
- Are you the type who keeps making the same mistakes?
- Should you put your pants on before your socks?
- Can you easily read my feelings?
- If you were asked to reveal your deepest, darkest secret, would you do it?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- Do you think animals have souls?
- Do you think we are not alone in the universe?
- Do you think time travel is possible?
- Do you have phobias?
- Do you prefer SMS over calls?
- Did you ever bully someone when you were young?
- Have you ever been dumped via text or email?
- Would you choose a friend over a family member?
- Would you change town to be with the one you love?
- Would you consider owning an RV?
- Would you ever dye your hair any color?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Female Date
According to a 2020MessageAccording to the Pew Research Center (PRC), up to 55% of women say dating has gotten more difficult for people over the past 10 years. The one you are dating right now could be one of them! If so, it's a good idea to prove her wrong by keeping things fun and interesting the next time you're together by asking yes or no questions, for example.
Without further ado, here are some fun and interesting yes-no questions to ask her:
- have you ever been cheated on
- Have you ever dated someone much older or younger than you?
- Have you ever had a blind date?
- Have you ever stopped doing something you like?
- Have you ever had a fight with a best friend?
- Have you ever interfered in other people's private affairs?
- Have you ever lied about yourself?
- Have you ever told someone you would call them back but never did?
- Have you ever tried to shift the blame for something bad you've done?
- Do you or would you date someone of the same sex?
- Have you ever gone to command?
- Do you think it's okay to date a friend's ex?
- Do you think it's okay to tell white lies?
- Is the first impression important?
- Do you like public declarations of love?
- do you like roller coasters
- Do you have a hidden talent?
- do you have any tattoos
- Do you like to watch TV during the day?
- Do you believe in psychics?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- Do you like to participate in the gossip?
- Are you good at keeping secrets?
- Are you still friends with any childhood friends?
- were you popular at school
- Would you like to go bungee jumping?
- Would you consider being a famous celebrity?
- Would you ever borrow money from someone?
- Would you kiss me after I ate something with garlic?
- Should people who cheat be forgiven?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Male Date
It's no secret that men are less likely to share their feelings. Are you dating someone and want to get to know them better without putting unnecessary pressure on them? Then consider asking him some questions that can be answered with yes or no — you can learn a lot about your date without making him feel like you're scrutinizing him.
Here are some thought-provoking yes-no questions perfect for a date:
- Have you ever turned a skill into a hobby?
- Have you ever fallen asleep in class?
- Have you ever won an award or trophy?
- Have you ever used a fake ID?
- have you ever cheated on someone
- Have you ever had your heart broken?
- Have you ever told someone you love them and didn't mean it?
- Have you ever lied just to make yourself look good?
- Have you ever written someone a song or a poem?
- Have you ever been in a long distance relationship?
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
- Have you ever been to a solarium?
- Have you ever been in a fist fight?
- Have you ever accidentally received a package in the mail and kept it?
- Have you ever clogged a toilet?
- Is breakfast for dinner acceptable?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Do you like conspiracy theories?
- Do you like going to theme parks?
- Do you get over a relationship easily?
- Do you have a close relationship with your parents?
- Do you think you are a better speaker than a listener?
- Did your last romantic relationship end well?
- Are you someone willing to try anything?
- Are you good at buying gifts for someone?
- Have you ever been friends with someone with benefits?
- Have you ever been in the friend zone?
- Could you just eat your favorite food for the rest of your life?
- Would you describe yourself as the romantic type?
- Would you rather do something else with your life now?
Running out of yes or no questions should be the least of your worries as there are tons of them. Outside of a polygraph exam, however, it's a must to exercise caution when asking some of them about someone you've married or are dating. Otherwise, there could be trust issues that could potentially ruin the relationship.
Disclaimer: The content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice on criminal and investigative questions and inquiries. If you need professional help, please contact your state authorities.
Have you ever engaged in any type of sexual activity with (SPECIFIC NAME)? Since (SPECIFIC DATE), have you communicated in any way with (SPECIFIC NAME)? Have you ever utilized any pay-for-sex type service? Since (SPECIFIC DATE), have you met in-person with anyone from the Ashley Madison website?What are some yes or no questions for couples? ›
- Do you love me?
- Do you think I'm cute?
- Have you ever dated an ex?
- Have you ever dated a friend's ex?
- Are you still friends with any of your exes?
- Have you ever broken up with someone over text message?
- Have you ever dated someone your best friend did not like?
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
The problem with polygraph tests
It's used to measure levels of fear and physical responses, not actual lies. These tests can fail because a person who is telling the truth could be anxious and a person who is lying might not be anxious at all.
So here's how you beat the test: Change your heart rate , respiratory rate, blood pressure and sweat level while answering control questions. Send your control lies off the charts. By comparison, your answers to the relevant questions (whether they are truths or falsehoods) will seem true.Would you rather questions for couples 18 +? ›
Would you rather have sex on the beach or sex on a plane? Would you rather kiss your ex or your mortal enemy? Would you rather kiss in the dark or in the rain? Would you rather be your partner's first love or their last?What are some juicy 21 questions? ›
- How many people have you kissed?
- Do you ever think about me?
- What have you done sexually with someone else?
- What attracts you to people?
- What are your thoughts on sex?
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you think you're a good kisser?
- What turns you on?
Only 20 questions are allowed, each phrased so that it may be answered “yes” or “no.” The winner is the person who guesses the correct answer; if there is no correct guess, the answerer is the winner. The game may be played one against all or between two opposing teams.How do you know if someone is lying on a lie detector test? ›
Both during and after the test, a polygraph examiner can look at the graphs and can see whether the vital signs changed significantly on any of the questions. In general, a significant change (such as a faster heart rate, higher blood pressure, increased perspiration) indicates that the person is lying.Can you get a lie detector test for cheating? ›
The lie detector test can be conducted when the truth about such accusations such as cheating or sexual contact can be quietly verified away from the family court process.
Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies.What are crazy truth Questions? ›
- When was the last time you lied?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What's your biggest fear?
- What's your biggest fantasy?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- What's something you're glad your mum doesn't know about you?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- What's the worst thing you've ever done?
- What's the last lie you told?
- Who was your very first crush?
- What's the best compliment you've ever received?
- What do you consider your best physical feature?
- What are the top three things that stress you out?
- What are the top three ways you deal with stress?
- Lights on or lights off?
- Hard and fast, or slow and sensual?
- Dominant or submissive?
- Morning sex or evening sex?
- What's your favorite sex position?
- What's a sex position that you've never tried that you're curious about?
- What's something unexpected that turns you on?
There have been several reviews of polygraph accuracy. They suggest that polygraphs are accurate between 80% and 90% of the time. This means polygraphs are far from foolproof, but better than the average person's ability to spot lies, which research suggests they can do around 55% of the time.Can a truthful and innocent person fail a polygraph test? ›
The results of a lie detector test are unreliable, and many innocent people have failed them. Even if you pass the test, this does not mean that you will not be charged with committing a crime.Can someone with anxiety pass a polygraph? ›
Anxiety isn't an automatic disqualifier from passing a polygraph. While it may affect your results, anxiety and depression shouldn't keep you from pursuing positions that require passing a polygraph.What drugs can you take to pass a lie detector? ›
Anti-hypertensive medication. These are drugs that can alter your blood pressure and heart rate, usually lowering both. The polygraph test detects small changes in these to detect deception, however if your medication is altering the normal rates then results could come back as inconclusive. Anti-anxiety medications.What should you not do before a lie detector test? ›
- Follow your usual routine. ...
- Don't overthink. ...
- Don't over-volunteer information. ...
- Don't "study" to try to beat the polygraph.
- What was my first impression of you?
- Who is my biggest role model?
- What's my favorite thing about you?
- Do I have any unique habits?
- What do I consider my life purpose?
- What is a challenge I overcame in the past five years?
- What's my deepest fear?
- What celebrity inspires me?
- Who's most likely to be always early? ...
- Who's most likely to forget an important date?
- Who's most likely to get lost in a new city?
- Who's most likely to sing in the shower?
- Who's most likely to start a dance party?
- Who's most likely to stay up all night talking?
Twenty Flirty Questions
What's a relationship dealbreaker for you? What do you like most about me? If we were to Netflix and chill, what movie would we watch (or not watch)? What's the most over-the-top thing you've ever done for love?
An easy way to motivate students and encourage engagement is to capture their attention by posting a HOT (High Order Thinking) Question for the class to discuss. HOT questions require students to apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information instead of simply recalling facts.What are questions to ask adults? ›
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you collect anything?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- What is on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite recent memory?
- What is your best childhood memory?
We form yes-no questions with an auxiliary verb (be, do or have) + subject + main verb or with a modal verb + subject + main verb: Be: Is she working very hard? Were they travelling together?How to play 21 questions with a girl? ›
Randomly choose one person to ask the first of the 21 questions, then move through the group until everyone has had a chance to answer. This is optional, but a player can “pass” on questions if they don't feel comfortable answering.Are there rules to 21 questions? ›
21 Questions is a simple, fun, and insightful game that helps you learn a lot about the participants. The only rule you have to follow is to answer with honesty. You will need more than two people to play the game. Allocate points for each question and keep the questions interesting to have fun.Can you outsmart a lie detector test? ›
Defeating a polygraph against novice students is possible, but defeating an experienced examiner is harder. Goodson says that although he can successfully defeat a polygraph against novice students, defeating an experienced examiner is harder.How accurate is a lie test? ›
Research has shown that the accuracy of the latest computerised polygraph testing techniques is 98%. There are several key qualities that are important in order to achieve this level of accuracy.What lie detector test is best? ›
Best Lie Detector: EyeDetect | 97-99% Accuracy with Polygraph. Combine EyeDetect with Polygraph to get 97-99% outcome confidence. The two combined are the best lie detector test: highest accuracy.
A standardized infidelity test is $300. Customized tests can cost as much as $500, depending on the complexity. Compare that to a $500 or $900 polygraph test that takes 90 minutes. Find out if your spouse, partner, fiancée, or exclusive is cheating with a 15-minute test and results in just 5 minutes.How much does it cost to get a lie detector test? ›
Trained polygraph examiners administer lie detector tests for a fee. The typical cost is between $200 and $2,000. The specific cost usually increases with the length of the test. This means an all-day test will be on the high end of the cost range.What percentage of lie detector tests are wrong? ›
But while often accurate, polygraphs are not foolproof, experts say. "Proponents will say the test is about 90 percent accurate. Critics will say it's about 70 percent accurate," said Frank Horvath of the American Polygraph Association.Is a lie detector test enough evidence? ›
Generally speaking, polygraph test results are inadmissible in court, as they are not scientifically reliable enough for use when the stakes are so high as in court. This is because it is well documented that certain people can pass the pass the test while lying and other who are telling the truth can fail the test.What is a super deep question? ›
Deep Questions to Ask Friends
If you could magically change one thing in your life, what would it be? What do you think of mindfulness? Do you think we'd be better off without social media? What do you think it means to be healthy?
A juicy question is one that
no one in your group knows the answer to.
Best Truth Questions for Friends. If you could be invisible for a day, what's the first thing you would do? What's the biggest secret you've kept from your parents? What's the most embarrassing music you listen to?What are trust questions for couples? ›
Open-ended questions to ask your partner:
What does trust mean to you? Think about a time when you didn't feel you could trust me. What could I have done to fix the situation? What do you need from me in order to trust me even more?
- Why are you passionate about what you do?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?
- What do you think makes a good leader?
- Do you think money is important?
- What makes you the happiest?
- What is the most surprising fact you've learnt about yourself?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is the universe made of? ...
- How did life begin? ...
- Are we alone in the universe? ...
- What makes us human? ...
- What is consciousness? ...
- Why do we dream? ...
- Why is there stuff? ...
- Are there other universes?
- What is your love language?
- What is your biggest turn-on?
- Major turn-offs?
- Do you like to make the first move?
- Do you think you're a good kisser?
- Who was your first crush?
- Thoughts on cuddling?
- How did your last relationship end?
Your partner might feel that you are the one who is cheating on them. A lie detector test is a good way you to prove your innocence. In both instances, a simple polygraph test can provide you with definitive answers and settle the matter once and for all.How many questions are usually asked in a polygraph test *? ›
How many questions can be asked in a polygraph? One to four questions can be asked per test. The examiner will discuss the test issues with the client and formulate the polygraph test questions based upon the facts and circumstances of the matter being tested.How do you confuse a lie detector test? ›
A simple way to cheat the polygraph is to deliberately distort your physiological readings when telling the truth, such as by biting your tongue, or imagining an embarrassing incident in the past.Can a liar pass a lie detector test? ›
Yes, it is possible to lie and pass a polygraph. First, the machine itself has flaws which can be exploited and many consider these devices to be, at best, "pseudoscience"; it's best to do some reading on this aspect, as the discussion is lengthy.What are the chances of a lie detector test being wrong? ›
They suggest that polygraphs are accurate between 80% and 90% of the time. This means polygraphs are far from foolproof, but better than the average person's ability to spot lies, which research suggests they can do around 55% of the time.What kind of lies are acceptable in a relationship? ›
Here's the thing—on some level, lying in a relationship is normal. Think: Trying to hide the fact that you let one rip in bed or subtracting $20 when you talk about how much you ~actually~ spent on that new outfit. It may even be necessary to lie sometimes to avoid hurting your partner's feelings.What is a secret test in relationships? ›
This is an example of what researchers call a “secret test.” Secret tests are when you behave in a predetermined way to see how your partner will respond in order to assess the state of your relationship.How can I pass a polygraph every time? ›
- If you want to beat the test, your best bet is to stay upset, fearful and confused throughout the entire test. ...
- Take time before answering any question. ...
- Alter your breathing during control questions, but return to normal breathing before answering the next question.
Employers and polygraph examiners must retain required records for a minimum of three years from the date the polygraph examination is conducted (or from the date the examination is requested if no examination is conducted).
Most polygraph tests take between 1 and 2 hours, but the examinee is attached to the device for only 15 to 20 minutes. The results may take a while or do not spend a lot of time, so no one really can give a definitive answer to this question.Can an innocent person fail a polygraph test? ›
The results of a lie detector test are unreliable, and many innocent people have failed them. Even if you pass the test, this does not mean that you will not be charged with committing a crime.